Our agency network in Europe can assist you in tax claims related to the declaration and payment of VAT in the various countries where you operate commercially.
VAT FREE INVOICING TO COMMERCIAL YACHTS:
As per French tax law (art 262-II), any commercial registered vessel need to comply with all 5 following criteria to benefit from tax exemption on services rendered and products delivered to the boat as from 1st January 2018.
A separate ‘certificate’ has to be signed on ship’s letter head and submitted to each supplier in order to assure VAT free invoicing.
• The ship has an official commercial registry
• The ship has a permanent crew
• The ship is operated exclusively commercially
• The ship is at least 15m long (LOA)
• The ship leaves French territorial waters for at least 70% of the realize movements during the calendar year.
These criteria are based on year -1.
The ship will need to sign for having respected above in 2018 to benefit from tax free invoicing in 2018 despite holding a commercial registry. The commercial registry alone is no longer sufficient in France