Since 21 July, it has been required to access leisure and cultural venues that cater for at least 50 people. From 9 August 2021, it has become compulsory in cafés, bars, restaurants, shopping centers, retirement homes and long-distance transport.
What is the “Health Pass”?
The "health pass" consists of the digital (via the “TousAntiCovid” application) or paper presentation of one of the following three health proofs:
- Vaccination, provided that people have a complete vaccination schedule and the necessary time after the final injection, i.e
- 7 days after the 2nd injection for double injection vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca).
- 28 days after injection for single injection vaccines (Johnson & Johnson)
- 7 days after injection for vaccines in people with a history of Covid (single injection).
- A negative test certificate of less than 72 hours:
The results of RT-PCR tests, antigenic as well as self-tests supervised by a healthcare professional, provided they are certified with a QR Code readable by the “TousAntiCovid Verif” application or any other application for verification meeting the criteria defined by ministerial order of Health and the Minister in charge of Digital.
- The result of a positive RT-PCR or antigenic test attesting to the recovery of Covid-19, at least 11 days old and less than 6 months old.
Only the results of RT-PCR tests and antigen tests certified with QR Code are admitted. One positive test automatically becomes a certificate of reinstatement when it is older than 11 days after the debit and will be valid for up to 6 months after the date of the debit
Who does the Health Pass applies to?
The health pass is required for adults.
Its application will be extended to 12-17 year olds from September 30.
• It applies to the public hosted in the places and events concerned.
As of August 30, the pass will also be required, except for emergency interventions, for employees and other stakeholders traveling to or performing in said places or events during opening hours to the public.
• The pass also applies to foreign tourists.
Where will the Health Pass be required?
- Commercial catering activities (bars and restaurants, including on terraces), with the exception of collective catering or take-away of prepared meals, professional road and rail catering, room service in hotel restaurants and bars and non-commercial catering, including free distribution of meals;
- Trade fairs, exhibitions and seminars;
- Health, social and medico-social services and establishments, for persons accompanying or visiting persons in these services and establishments as well as for those who are received there for scheduled care. This measure, which applies only in emergencies, does not have the effect of limiting access to care.
- Long-distance travel by interregional public transport (domestic flights, TGV, Intercity and night trains, interregional coaches);
- Large shops and shopping centres of more than 20,000m², by decision of the departmental prefect, when their characteristics and the seriousness of the risks of contamination justify it, under conditions guaranteeing people's access to essential goods and services as well as to the means of transport accessible within the confines of these shops and centres.
More information with the french government: